Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween; The sweetest time of the year. Or is it!

Halloween was one of those times that couldn't come fast enough. When the night came I knew that I would unite my self with bags of candy. All I would have to do was ring on a few doors, and I would have my fix of sugar heaven. Back then I knew nothing about nutrition, diet, health, etc. and let’s face it why would I need to. My parents were the ones responsible for me at that time in my life. But times have changed and so do candies. They don't make them like they used to, is a saying I've herd far too much, but it’s true. The candy companies are always looking for a way to increase profits. If they can’t charge more for the candy then they'll just have to find cheaper ingredients to save on the back end, leaving them with bigger pockets. What does this have to do with anything? Well a lot, but mainly the fact that they now use a ton of artificial sweeteners, and liquid corn syrup. For which these are the probable cause why most children are now diabetic. Tell me when you heard of a kid being diabetic 5-10 years ago. I sure haven't. But now diabetes in kids is climbing and the parents are confused and baffled as to why. Well lets take a look at a the average kids diet in today’s society. It’s filled with sugary juices, sweet snacks filled with more sugar, refined simple sugars from cereals, liquid corn syrup, artificial flavors and sweeteners, and the list goes on. All of these have an affect on our insulin. This is what manages the sugar in our bodies, and gets rid of it when there is an access of it. (Having to much sugar wondering around in our body is dangerous to our health). The pancreas will stop working if it continually needs to release insulin to remove large amounts of sugar out of the blood stream. In other words it doesn’t work as efficiently when it is over taxed and therefore it can’t produce as much insulin. And that is why these kids have to carry insulin around everyday. But the real solution still lies in the diet. As Hippocrates said it;

“Let your food be your medicine & your medicine be your food”

Think about it. Most of our health problems stem from our poor diets…

Now that you are aware of a few substances that can make us fat, download a free eBook on the "12 Foods That Make Us Fat" Click HERE

No comments:

Subscribers